Enjoy the view from Cloud9

Cloud9 Sports: Opinionated musing on the sporting world.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Triumphant Return + XMp3 Satellite Radio and Mp3 Player

I'm BACK!

After my annual Fall hiatus I am back in my home after visiting Vancouver, Seattle, Whistler, Banff, Calgary and everywhere in between. It was a far cry from my trip to Australia and New Zealand last year, but it was still incredible.

I got the pleasure of visiting both Qwest Field (Nov 02, V. Eagles) and Pengrowth Saddledome (Flames v. Leafs on Nov 11th). Tons to say about both of those and I will do so in their own posts very shortly.

While away I was contacted by Matchstick Marketing and asked to review the new XMP3 device from XM Satellite Radio (availble in stores in the next few months, my guess is before Xmas). It arrived today and I want to get my initial impressions off while still fresh (pics and video to come as well).



The device itself it very similar in size to a Blackberry Pearl. It is small enough to be portable, but offers a rich display with solid color and good contrast. The quality of the earbuds is worth noting as I was very impressed. They are in-ear with cushioned, noise-reducing synthetic plugs which surround the audio-producing portion of the bud. The sound is robust making both music and talk sound much better than standard radio and almost on par with my iPod.

While moving around the house I did experience some inconsistency with the reception. I assume going outside will alleviate some of this, but have yet to get out and about with it. I will report back on this, and other long-term observations (battery life, etc) very shortly so stay tuned.


More sports to come, including this weeks ALL NHL podcast very shortly. Cheers, Derek.

No comments: